Wednesday, January 9, 2008

DADDY AND ME


Father and daughter relationships are very important. When you're little, daddy fixes everything. He's supposed to be like superman! The teen years come and there's anger, getting grounded, and not understanding each other at all. As you get older you realize how much your father cares and how much you care. The past six years, I had serious health problems, and was in extreme pain. In those six years, I had 5 back surgeries, 4 hip surgeries, a shoulder replacement, and then ended up with a pulmonary embolism and a dvt!

During the surgeries I was in so much pain, all I could do is cry. My father called me everyday and he would mentally take me to another place. He was able to calm me down, and help ease the pain. He never gave up on me. He was always there! I never realized how much my father cared. He is very old school...he doesn't show his feelings much.

There were times when I wanted to die! All of the pain meds clouded me, put the pain remained! I just can't tell you how much I appreciated what my father did for me!

I really got to know my father through all of this. He wasn't just my father anymore, but my friend. I am so blessed to have him in my life!

No comments: